Chicago New Construction
Get Up To Date Pricing & Availability
As Of May 21, 2013
- 1024 W 35th Street - 1024 W 35th St, 60609 - Bridgeport. This is one of the newest development to come to the market in Bridgeport and offers total of 158 units for sale.
- 1055 N Kingsbury - 1055 N Kingsbury, 60622 - Near North Side. This development offers a number of excellent new townhomes.
- 1081 N Marshfield Ave - 1081 N Marshfield Ave, 60622 - East Village. This development has just recently been completed, and offers two and three-bedroom units at prices ranging between $456,000 and $590,000.
- 1117 W 17th St - 1117 W 17th St, 60608 - Pilsen. This is a unique opportunity, as both the entire building and the individual units are for sale.
- 1130 N Dearborn - 1130 N Dearborn St, 60610 - Gold Coast. Located steps from the Magnificent Mile it offers incredible condominiums at Elm Street Plaza.
- 118 North Halsted St - 118 North Halsted St, 60661 - Greek Town.
- 1218 W Carmen Ave - 1218 W Carmen Ave, 60640 - Uptown. This three-story building has a total of 12 units, and construction was just recently completed.
- 1246 W Winnemac Ave - 1246 W Winnemac Ave, 60640 - Uptown. This development has just been completed, and offers a number of three-bedroom units with large floor plans.
- 1249 W Addison St - 1249 W Addison St, 60613 - Lakeview.
- 1250 N Paulina St - 1250 N Paulina St, 60622 - Wicker Park. This four-story building was completed at the end of 2007, and now offers a total of 6 luxury condominiums.
- 1252 W Eddy St - 1252 W Eddy St, 60657 - Lakeview.
- 1330 W Diversey - 1330 W Diversey, 60657 - Rogers Park. This building offers a total of 8 units, each with three bedrooms and two baths.
- 1353 N Sedgwick St - 1353 N Sedgwick St, 60610 - Old Town.
- 1400 Museum Park - 1259 South Indiana Avenue Chicago, 60605 - South Loop. It is part of the booming Central Station development, which is Chicago's largest lakefront community.
- 1418 N LaSalle - 1418 N LaSalle, 60610 - Near North Side. This four-story building offers one unit per floor, all with generous floor plans. Deliveries have just begun on this new construction building.
- 1426 W Irving Park Rd - 1426 W Irving Park Rd, 60613 - Lakeview. This new construction building that offers a number of three-bedroom and two-bath condominiums for sale.
- 1437 E 65th St - 1437 E 65th St, 60626 - Woodlawn. Construction on this development, wrapped up last year, and there are still two units currently listed on the market
- 15 Racine - 15 S Racine Ave, 60607 - West Loop.
- 1529 W Chestnut St - 1529 W Chestnut St, 60622 - West Town. This four-story building offers an intimate lifestyle, with just 5 units in the building.
- 1543 N Bosworth Ave - 1543 N Bosworth Ave, 60622 - Bucktown. This four-story building offers just three units, with simplex and duplex condos available
- 156 West Superior - 156 W Superior St, 60610 - River North. It is a nine story residential, featuring a total of 11 units.
- 1615 N Wolcott - 1615 N Wolcott, 60622 - Bucktown. This intimate development offers a total of 8 condominiums in a glass and steel structure.
- 1620 South Michigan - 1620 S Michigan, 60616 - South Loop. Studio, one, two, and three-bedroom condominiums are offered for sale.
- 1625 W Morse Ave - 1625 W Morse Ave, 60626 - Rogers Park. This three-story brick building doesn't stand out at first glance, but buyers will be pleasantly surprised at the generous floor plans.
- 1629 S Prairie - 1629 S Prairie, 60616 - South Loop. This 31-story building is located right across from Burnham Harbor and Museum Park.
- 2 E Erie Condos - 2 E Erie, 60611 - River North. This 39-story condominium tower offers a total of 254 units for sale.
- 200 North Dearborn - 200 North Dearborn, 60601 - Loop. The plan is to offer a variety of studio, convertible, one-, and two-bedroom condos for sale.
- 2001 West Race - 2001 West Race, 60612 - Ukrainian Village.
- 204-220 N Halsted St - 204-220 N Halsted St, 60661 - Fulton Market. 3 stories, 7 units for sale.
- 212 E Cullerton - 212 E Cullerton, 60616 - South Loop. This development, completed in 2003, offers a total of 116 affordable condominiums.
- 2225 W Race Ave - 2225 W Race Ave, 60612 - Ukrainian Village.
- 2300 N Commonwealth - 2300 N Commonwealth, 60614 - Lincoln Park. This is one development that has turned some heads and buyers can now find some great deals.
- 2315 S Wabash - 2315 S Wabash Ave, 60616 - Near South Side. This luxurious townhome development is a great choice for buyers looking to enjoy some extra room in a central location.
- 2724 W Byron - 2724 W Byron, 60618 - North Center. This unique development of luxury townhomes offers a total of 56 units for sale.
- 2738 W Armitage - 2738 W Armitage, 60647 - Logan Square. This development offers a total of 52 condominiums with 17 different floor plans for buyers to choose from.
- 2923 W Fulton St - 2923 W Fulton St, 60612 - East Garfield Park.
- 30 East Huron - 30 E Huron St, 60611 - River North. The 56-story high-rise features studios, convertibles and residences for sale with one or two bedrooms.
- 30 West Erie - 30 W Erie St, 60610 - River North. The building offers its residents a lot of privacy as there are only two units per floor.
- 30 West Oak - 30 W Oak St, 60610 - Gold Coast. Units that offer unobstructed views of Lake Michigan and the city skyline.
- 330 W Grand - 330 W Grand Ave, 60610 - River North. This 21-story boutique building offers extra large balconies offer incredible open views of downtown Chicago.
- 340 on the Park - 340 E Randolph St, 60601 - Loop. Will house 343 residential units, of which 16 are luxury penthouses with stunning views.
- 3811-3815 N Lincoln Ave - 3811-3815 N Lincoln Ave, 60613 - North Center.
- 400 North LaSalle - 400 N LaSalle St, 60610 - Gold Coast. This is a 45-story condominium tower with 452 luxury apartments for sale.
- 451 Huron - 451 W Huron St, 60610 - River North.This new construction offers an elegant design with large, open units.
- 4616 N Kenmore Ave - 4616 N Kenmore Ave, 60640 - Uptown.
- 4715 S Champain Condominiums - 4715 S Champain Condominiums, 60615 - Kenwood.
- 50 East Chestnut - 50 E Chestnut St, 60611 - Gold Coast. It has 34 properties and 51 deeded parking spaces available for sale.
- 550 North St. Clair - 550 N St Clair St, 60611 - Streeterville. Once finished it will consist of 112 spacious, affordable and finely tuned units.
- 565 Quincy - 565 W Quincy St, 60661 - West Loop. With its 35 different floor plans, it is a spectacular combination of old and new architecture.
- 6516 South Woodlawn Ave - 6516 S Woodlawn Ave, 60637 - Woodlawn. This new development offers a total of six three-bedroom and two-bath condominiums with prices starting from the low $200s.
- 663 West Barry - 663 W Barry Ave, 60657 - Lakeview. This 12-unit development is an excellent choice for buyers looking for a luxury condominium in Chicago in an intimate building.
- 7247 Claremont in Rogers Park - 7247 N Claremont Ave, 60645 - Rogers Park. This is a five unit, new construction brick building on a quiet street that has been designed with quality and value in mind.
- 757 Orleans - 757 N Orleans St, 60610 - This 22 stories building, offers 198 condo units for sale.
- 831 W George St - 831 W George St, 60657 - Lake View.
- 923 W 35th St - 923 W 35th St, 60609 - Bridgeport.
- Adams on the Park - 1259 W Adams St, 60607 - West Loop.
- Alexandria on Belmont - 1425 W Belmont Ave, 60657 - Lakeview. This four-story project offers a total of 15 condominiums with 1,650 square-foot floor plans.
- Arbor Park Townhomes - 2400 E 95th Street, 60617 - Calumet Heights. This development will offer a total of 78 units surrounded by plenty of green space.
- Arches at Oakwood Shores - 3744 S Cottage Grove Ave, 60653 - South Loop. The homes fall into many different styles of dwellings.
- Ardmore Academy - 1403 W Ardmore, 60660 - Edgewater. This development offers a total of five townhomes for sale, with prices ranging from $427,500 to as much as $610,000.
- ArmitEdge - 3021 W Armitage Ave, 60647 - Logan Square. These condo homes are on the leading edge of luxury and will give dwellers the amenities that are the most sought-after these days.
- Artesian Place - 1312 N Artesian Ave, 60622 - Humboldt Park.
- Aspen 6 - 1915 N Damen Ave, 60647 - Bucktown. All residential units are are duplexed condos that range in size from 1500 to 2700 square feet with two- and three-bedroom spaces.
- Avenue - 2757 N Lincoln Ave, 60614 - Lincoln Park.
- Beacon Square - 4716 N Beacon, 60640 - Uptown. Buyers looking for affordable housing close to downtown Chicago shouldn’t miss out on the incredible deals on luxury condos in Uptown.
- Bela - 1600 S Allport St, 60608 - Pilsen.
- Beverly Place - 1824 W 103rd Street, 60643 - Beverly. This development has 10 condominiums and 28 townhomes with prices starting at $341,600.
- Birchwood Residences - 1520 W Birchwood Ave, 60626 - East Rogers Park. This development will offer a total of 8 luxurious residences.
- Briar by the Park - 456 W Briar Pl, 60657 - Lakeview East.
- Bridgeport Condominiums - 3450 S Halsted St, 60608 - Bridgeport.
- Bucktown Point - 1850 N Winnebago Ave, 60640 - Bucktown.
- Burling Place - 1727 N Burling St, 60614 - Lincoln Park, A total of just six units are available, with floor plans ranging from two to four bedrooms.
- Burnham Pointe - 710 S Clark Street, 60605 - South Loop. The units in the 29-story condominium tower are currently available at special pre-construction prices ranging from $386,990 to $685,990.
- California Estates - 1838 N California Ave, 60647 - Logan Square. A total of 16 homes have been built here. All homes offer four-bedrooms and three full baths and two half baths.
- Canal Crossing - 2318 S Canal St, 60616 - Chinatown.
- Chantico South - 1621 S Carpenter St, 60608 - Pilsen. This three-story building offers a total of 9 units, with floor plans ranging from one to three bedrooms.
- Chicagoview II - 1400 W Chicago Ave, 60622 - West Town. This is a 12-story building that offers a number of three-bedroom and two-bath condominiums.
- Clark 36 - 4860-4872 N Clark Street, 60640 - Andersonville. This development has 2-3 bedroom floor plans with prices starting at $389,000.
- Conservatory Place - 3020 W Washington Blvd, 60612 - East Garfield Park.
- Cornelia Court - 3001 W Cornelia Ave, 60618 - Roscoe Village. These have two, three, and four bedrooms and the residents will enjoy a number of luxury amenities.
- Cullerton Corners - 946 W Cullerton St, 60608 - Pilsen.
- Dearborn Park - 899 S Plymouth Ct, 60605 - South Loop. The development was one of the first to usher in change in the neighborhood, and offers a number of floor plans for buyers to choose from.
- Drake Condominiums - 4645 S Drake Ave, 60632 - Brighton Park. This 4-unit development offers duplex layouts and private parking.
- Drexel Commons - 4627 S Drexel, 60653 - Bronzeville. With a capacity of 34 condos this development offers 1,700 sq. ft. floor plans.
- Drexel Place Condominiums - 4127 S Drexel Boulevard, 60653 - South Chicago. this development is another project by Sutherland Pearsall Corp, a Chicago-based developer responsible for several major developments around the region.
- Eco North - 1842 W Irving Park Rd, 60613 - North Center.
- Edgewater Glen - 5858 N. Broadway, 60660 - Edgewater. It has 6 stories with 34 luxury condo units.
- Esoterica - 1528 W Jonquil Terrace, 60626 - Rogers Park. This four-story building is home to just 6 units, perfect for families looking for an intimate development.
- Flats on Fulton - 2909 W Fulton St, 60612 - East Garfield Park.
- Fletcher Row - 2424 W Fletcher Street, 60618 - North Center. Buyers can choose from three and four bedroom condominiums at the 20-unit development.
- Fulton Place - 657 W Fulton, 60661 - Fulton River District. This building has a capacity of 75 1- and 2-bedroom condo mid-rise.
- Glashaus - 1327 South Wabash, 60605 - South Loop. It will have 262 condominium units with 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms with expansive units on the penthouse levels.
- Grand Briar Condominiums - 433 W Briar Pl, 60657 - Lakeview East.
- Halsted Row - 2901 N Halsted, 60657 - Lakeview. Prices for the units range from $490,000 for a two bedroom condo to $740,000 for a penthouse.
- Hartland Park II Townhomes - 1730 W Wrightwood Ave, 60614 - Lincoln Park. These homes offer potential buyers all the excitement of Lincoln Park living at a more relaxed pace.
- Heritage at Millennium Park - 130 N Garland Court, 60602 - Loop. This development is the Chicago Loop's highest reaching condominium residence.
- Hudson - 825 N Hudson Ave, 60610 - River North.
- Irving Place in Roscoe Village - 3300 W Irving Park, 60618 - Lakeview. This building rises four stories high and offers a total of fifty-five one bedroom, two bedroom and three bedroom condo units for purchase.
- Jazz on the Boulevard - 4201 S Cottage Grove, 60653 - Kenwood. Discover the newly completed condos, townhomes, and row homes.
- Kedzie Condos - 4141 N Kedzie Ave, 60618 - Albany Park.
- Kennedy Estates - 4810 N Lavergne, 60630 - Jefferson Park. This development has a capacity of 22 condominiums with rooftop fitness center and sundeck.
- La Vista Townhomes - 2501 W 36th, 60632 - McKinley Park. This unique development offers three-bedroom townhomes just two blocks from beautiful McKinley Park, one of the largest parks in Chicago
- Lake Park Crescent - 4117 S Lake Park Ave, 60653 - South Side. This residences are part of a new neighborhood emerging on the south lake-front, north of Hyde Park.
- Lake Park Gateway - 1251 E 46th St, 60653 - North Kenwood. Buyers can choose from a number of floor plans. Two, three, and four-bedroom condominiums are available, with prices starting at just $259,000.
- Landmark Courts - 4501 S. Cottage Grove Avenue, 60653 - North Kenwood. The development will offer 80 condominiums in 5 stories.
- Landmark Square Phase II - 245 E 33rd St, 60610 - The Gap.
- Lexington Square - 3704 S Sangamon St, 60609 - Bridgeport.
- Library Tower - 524 S State Street, 60605 - Printers Row. This new loft-style condo development located between Congress Parkway and Harrison Street offers one, two, and three bedroom floor plans.
- Lincoln Center - 2472 W Foster Ave, 60625 - Lincoln Square. This development features the impressive design, attention to detail and luxury that S&S has been known for since 1992.
- Loyola Court - 1329 W Loyola Ave, 60626 - Rogers Park. The development offers a total of 11 condominiums for sale.
- Marquette Row - 676-693 N Peoria, 60622 - River West. This development has a capacity of 45 condo units
and the base prices are $349,900 to $489,900.
- McKinley Gardens - 2405 W 32nd St, 60623 - McKinley Park. This development located at the corner of Western and Bross offers a total of 69 units with huge floor plans.
- Metro Place - 2500 W Roosevelt Rd, 60608 - Near West Side. Buyers can choose from several different options including condominiums, townhomes, and single-family homes.
- Michigan Avenue Tower II - 1400 S Michigan Ave., 60605 - South Loop. It has 28 stories, 268 condo units starting $281,990.
- Mod - 1224 W Madison, 60607 - West Loop. This building has a capacity of 96 condo units and the prices starting at $200,000.
- MoMo Chicago Residences - 9 W. Washington, 60602 - Loop. The units, with one- and two-bedroom floor plans available, have full floor-to-ceiling windows, spectacular standard finishes, and inset, private balconies.
- One Museum Park - 1259 S Indiana Avenue, 60605 - South Loop. It is a part of a residential complex of condominiums, rising more than 50 stories into the sky.
- One Museum Park West - 1201 S Prairie, 60605 - South Loop. These units are priced from $320,000. One-bedroom condominiums that come with two baths start in the $440s.
- One Place Condominiums - 1 E 8th Street, 60605 - South Loop. A total of 91 condominiums will be available in August 2008, with one and two-bedroom floor plans.
- Parc Townhomes at Spaulding - 1800 N Spaulding Ave, 60647 - Humboldt Park. Buyers can take advantage of a number of opportunities currently available on the market at Parc Townhomes at Spaulding
- Park Monroe - 55 E Monroe, 60603 - Loop. This building features panoramic views of Lake Michigan through the floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Park View East - 828 W Grace Street, 60613 - Lakeview. This building has a capacity of 140 condo units in 17 stories.
- ParkView West - 435 E Illinois St, 60611 - River East. ParkView West Condominiums located north of Millennium Park and close to the Magnificent Mile.
- Platinum Tower - 700 W Van Buren, 60607 - Loop. Prices for these luxurious units start at $159,900 and range up to $459,900 for the largest condominium.
- Pointe 1900 on State - 1900 S State, 60616 - South Loop. It offers a total of 131 condominiums at an affordable price.
- Prairie Pointe - 1600 S. Prairie, 60616 - South Loop. This unit has a classic yet modern vibe with lake, city, or Soldier Field views.
- Pratt Lakeview Condominiums - 1106 W Pratt Blvd , 60626 - Rogers Park. This low-rise building is a great choice for young professionals and small families.
- Printers Corner - 171 W Polk Street, 60605 - Printers Row. This building offers 88 condo units for sale in 16 stories.
- R+D659 - 659 W Randolph, 60661 - West Loop. This is the new landmark of modern living about to be built at Randolph and Des Plaines.
- Racine Flats - 3414-3424 N Racine, 60657 - Wrigleyville. Buyers have a choice of two-and three-bedroom homes and there are simplex and duplex floor plans available.
- Reawakening Pilsen 1745 - 1745 W 18th Pl, 60608 - South Lawndale.
- Residences at Grand Plaza - 545 N Dearborn St, 60610 - River North. There are 283 units in total, out of which 100 are already sold to existing renters in the building.
- Residences at Joffrey Tower - 8 E Randolph St, 60601 - Loop.
- Ritz Carlton Residences - 664 N Michigan Ave, 60611 - Streeterville. In home housekeeping, pet care, plant care, dog walking, limousine service, and laundry and dry cleaning are available to all residents.
- Ritz Carlton Residences - 664 N Michigan Ave, 60611 - Streeterville. In home housekeeping, pet care, plant care, dog walking, limousine service, and laundry and dry cleaning are available to all residents.
- Rockwell Plaza - Buyers can choose from several floor plans of two and three-bedroom condos at Rockwell Plaza. Condominiums range from 950 square feet for a two-bedroom unit to 1,300 square feet for the largest three-bedroom unit. Prices start at $299,900 and range up to $360,900.
- Roscoe Trees Condominiums - 1020 W Roscoe St, 60657 - Lakeview.
- Roscoeview - 3400 N Greenview St, 60657 - Lake View.Striking finishes and top notch amenities add just the right touch of total comfort at this exceptional location.
- Sacramento Gardens - 4341 N Sacramento Ave, 60618 - Albany Park.
- Sacramento Square - Located at 6320 N Sacramento Ave, this 30-unit townhouse development is expected in the fall of 2008.
- Sheridan Grande - 4848 N Sheridan Rd, 60640 - Uptown. The building was completed in late 2006 and offers a total of 70 units ranging in size from one to three bedrooms.
- Sheridan Tower - 2930 N Sheridan Rd, 60657 - Lakeview. In total, the building has 252 units, with either one or two bedrooms and all condos feature only the finest finishes.
- Signature Residences - 207 E 31st St, 60616 - Bronzeville.
- Silver Cloud - Hyde Park's Silver Cloud Condominium Homes are an elegant blend of modern Italian interior design and historic architecture.
- Silver District - 2800 W North Ave, 60647 - Humboldt Park.
- Sky Life - 925 N Larrabee St, 60610 - River North.
- Superior at LaSalle - 150 W Superior, 60610 - River North. This 14 stories building features 1-3 bedrooms with prices starting at $375,000.
- The Brighton - 550 W Wellington, 60657 - Lakeview. Residents are steps from Lincoln Park, which offers walking trails, open fields, and one of the best beaches on the Lake Michigan shoreline.
- The Chandler - 430 E. Waterside Drive, 60601 - Loop. This 35 stories building features rooftop pool, hot tub, and decks, fitness center and massage room.
- The Chelsea - 2921-2927 N Lincoln Ave, 60657 - Lakeview. This is a 12-unit development located in two new construction buildings.
- The Clarovista - 1134 W Granville, 60660 - Edgewater.
- The Columbian - 1160 S Michigan Ave, 60605 - South Loop. This building will offer residents a combination of great location, luxury living and beautiful views.
- The Coronado - 3900 N Pine Grove, 60613 - Lakeview. The building offers a rooftop deck with views of the surrounding city and Wrigley Field, a modern exercise room, indoor pool, and storage lockers for each unit.
- The Courts at Lincoln Square - 4950 N. Western Avenue, 60625 - Lincoln Square. The five-story building will offer 49 condominiums with different floor plans.
- The Grand on Grand - 200 W Grand, 60610 - River North. This 111-unit building is a brand new concrete and glass structure with towering views of the downtown Chicago skyline.
- The Granville - 1134 West Granville, 60660 - Edgewater. It will offer units with 1-3 bedrooms from $245,000 to $405,000.
- The Lancaster - 201 N Westshore Drive, 60601 - Lakeshore East. The 29-story building has 209 condo and duplex units.
- The Larrabee - 865 N Larrabee, 60610 - River North. With seventy-two living units for sale and four retail spaces available for lease on the ground floor, this is a welcome addition to the neighborhood.
- The Mark - 4301 N Sheridan, 60613 - Buena Park. This building represents a mixture between style and harmony, combining successfully the intimate feel of a traditional walk-up entrance and the advantages of a quiet low rise building.
- The Monroe Collection - 1010 W Monroe St, 60607 - West Loop. The Monroe Collection offers a total of 15 units for sale, each condominium offers a total of two bedrooms and two baths.
- The Montgomery - 500 W Superior, 60610 - River West. Residents of these luxury condominiums enjoy a number of incredible amenities not found in many other condominium developments.
- The Parkland Condominiums - 2730 N Ashland Ave, 60614 - Lincoln Park.
- The Regatta - 420 E Waterside Drive, 60601 - Lakeview East. This building features 21 different floor plans, 650 to 2,500+ square feet.
- The Rotunda - 2741 N Sheffield, 60614 - Lincoln Park. This dvelopment offers 8 luxury condo units.
- The Vic Residences - 3140 N Sheffield Ave, 60657 - Lincoln Park. The building is a new construction project offering two-and three-bedroom condo homes just off the corner of Sheffield and Belmont.
- The Vue - Chicago New Construction Condos: The Vue at 1845 South Michigan Avenue
- Thorndale Harbor - 1057 W Thorndale Ave, 60660 - Edgewater. Thorndale Harbor is located just a block from Thorndale Beach.
- Tower IV at Museum Park - 1259 S Indiana Avenue, 60605 - South Loop. This 37 story luxury residential building is an architectural work of art and with will house 286 living units.
- United Place - 2126 W Van Buren Street, 60612 - United Center Park. Buyers have three different condominiums and one retail unit to choose from.
- University 5 - 1701 S Racine Ave, 60608 - Pilsen.
- University Village - 1440 S Halsted St, 60607 - University Village. This building offers a total of 98 condominiums, with one, two, and three-bedroom floor plans available
- Urban Meadows - 3118 - 3132 W Walton St, 60622 - Humboldt Park.
- Van Buren Townhomes - 914 W Van Buren St, 60607 - West Loop.
- Vetro - 611 S Wells, 60607 - South Loop. This is a 31-story luxury high-rise consisting of high ceilings and wide open living areas with some great views of the Chicago skyline from every room.
- Village at Tri-Taylor - 900 S Western Ave, 60612 - Tri-Taylor.
- Vis Vitae - 4651 N Greenview - Ravenswood. This 4-story building offers 48 condo units for sale.
- Vision on State - 1255 S State, 60605 - South Loop. The development offers a total of 253 units, with several one and two-bedroom condominiums still available for sale.
- West Point Village - 3601 S Ellis Avenue, 60653 - Oakland. This development offers a number of townhomes, and buyers can choose from three and four-bedroom townhomes that offer huge floor plans.
- Westhaven Park - 100 N Hermitage Ave, 60612 - West Loop. This is Chicago's most attractive new downtown residential neighborhood.
- Winthrop Terrace - 4936 N Winthrop Ave, 60640 - Edgewater. This 23-unit development offers completed in 2007 offers a number of luxury condominiums for sale.
- Wrightwood Park Place - 2635 N Paulina, 60614 - Lincoln Park. This is one of the most luxurious new developments of custom single-family homes in Lincoln Park.
What Does New Construction Really Mean?
We’ll define it, but you can just as
easily smell it – because when
you’re buying a condo that’s
defined as “new construction” that
means that its brand new, and
you’ll be the first one to live there.
But before you take off your shoes
to experience the fresh carpet
between your toes, here are a few
Do your homework on the Developer:
Specifically, have any of the
developer’s projects been
cancelled or returned to the bank?
What other projects has the
developer completed? How many
units have sold in the building
you’re looking at?
Do The Math:
Compare the Cost per Square foot
to other comparable condos units
to get an idea what you’re condo
is worth and the kind of value
you’re getting for your money.
Important to note is that the same
sizes unit will be priced differently
on a different floor. This will help
you place a value for the premiums
like views and privacy. How the
surrounding buildings affect the
property might affect a future
Don’t Miss These Details.
Height matters and its suggested
that you look for ceiling heights of
at least nine feet, although ten
and eleven foot ceilings are also
available in new construction
developments. Don’t forget the
entry door height – eight-foot
doors are typically found in the
more expensive luxury units, and if
the condominium has larger doors,
the finished product will feel more
Open the Door
Many of the sales center model
units do not include doors,
because the lack of doors make
the unit look larger – so it
important to ask if the doors in
your unit are going to be solid
core. If yes, you will know that your
doors will be more soundproof and
that the unit has superior finishes.
What’s The Difference Between Good & Great?
One Clue… Millwork. Millwork is
one the details that separates
mediocre construction from a
luxury product. For example, nineinch
high baseboards with molding
are a definite sign of luxury, while
crafted custom crown moldings
and door casements also say
quality and luxury.
Bells & Whistles: Appliances and Cabinets
Look for upscale brands like
Snaidero cabinetry, SubZero
refrigerators, Wolf ranges, Viking
microhoods and Miele dishwashers
are names associated with high
quality and luxury. Many
developments feature alternative
brand names so be sure to consult
your realtor for the particulars of
the appliance and cabinet
And Look Around Inside Too...
Look At the Windows
Make sure that the model
accurately reflects the size and
shape of the windows that will be
in your unit. If there are going to
be variations, you’ll want to know
about them upfront. This will
impact the value of your condo. If
you’re windows exceed the
average height they will be worth
more and larger windows are more
aesthetically pleasing as well.
Determine what kind of ceilings
come with your unit. You’ll want to
know f they are reinforced
concrete, and whether the
concrete will be finished or if the
ceiling will be showing the rough
Heat & AC
Inquire if the building is going to
be on a four-pipe system, and
where the ducts (ceiling or floor)
will be for both the heating and air.
Where to Park
If the building is already
constructed, make sure you see
the exact location of the parking
lot. Ideally your spot will not forced
you to have back in and it’s not up
against a wall or any columns.
You’re looking for the ultimate
ease of entering and exiting. If
purchasing parking off of
construction plans, stay away from
the spots by the walls unless the
parking spot is extra wide.
Look Around Outside
The buildings immediately
surrounding yours effect on your
current views, but you’ll also want
to make sure you understand what
the plans are for any new
developments coming down the
pike. That means inquire about the
zoning and future construction.
Buildings with views that will
forever be unobstructed usually
have fantastic resale value. Two
examples are 2520 Lakeview and
340 On the Park.
The NItty Gritty
Your objective should be to put as
little money down as possible and
work to negotiate your contract
down to five percent or less. If the
developer won’t go it try an
incremental dollar strategy over a
period of six months, or five
percent immediately after attorney
approval and then five percent
once construction begins. All
escrow money should be provided
only after your own attorney has
approved the contract and their
offer should be modified to state
that the escrow money should be
provided one or two days after you
and your lawyer have agreed to all
Property Report and Condo
Declaration - This is a document
that you’ll receive and have
have to sign a receipt for. Until you
receive and sign this document
you will not have an official
contract with the developer.
Review this material carefully as it
provides important information
about what you can and cannot
do once you own the property, for
example, can you rent the condo
out and what procedures and fees
are involved if you do. Or, how
early can you sell the unit after you
close, and if you can sell the
parking spot out to someone who
doesn’t live in the building. Just to
be safe make sure that your
parking is stated as garage
Work With A Realtor Who Knows About New Construction
Work with a realtor who has
experience in the area of new
construction so you’re aware of the
idiosyncrasies, and the key details
with the layout plans, finish
selections, and other nuances that
only come with a background in
Work with a realtor who has access
to the new construction information
from the Appraisal Research
Counselor compiled report. This
contains a wealth of information
about all the developers and their
finishes as well as the percentage
of units sold.
Consider possible “what if
scenarios”, namely loss of your job,
or another catastrophic situation
which would change your ability to
move forward with the closing of
the property. Have your attorney
look at the contract to see if there
are any written provisions and if
the developer is willing to make